REEN, Charles. R. & G.A. Wright Manufacturers of the Celebrated Gold Medal Perfumery and Importers of French, English & German Druggists & Fancy Articles, No. 23 South 4th St. Philadelphia. Color engraving on stone, 15-1/2 x 18-3/4 inches. Very minor wear at extreme edges, else very good. Not in Wainwright. Philadelphia on Stone 295. Advertisement containing a large central text panel with a background printed in color in a rainbow style and surrounded by an ornate decorative border. Border contains symbols, allegorical figures, and pictorial details representing the United States and patriotism (the American flag, Liberty, a shield adorned with the banner "E Pluribus Unum," and an eagle); Pennsylvania (a portrait of William Penn and the Pennsylvania state seal); and trade, commerce, and farming (barrels, crates, bundles of goods, a scythe, a hoe, sheaves of wheat, a mast of a sailing ship, and a land/marinescape view with a railroad and "John Fitch" steamboat). Some goods are marked "R & G.A.W." or "R." or "C.R." Border also includes a maternal female figure, attired in Roman garb, holding two children, and wrapped in a banner reading "Love One Another"; medals, some with classical figures and one with the text "Reward for 1849"; a book open to an illustration titled "Chemistry Analysis"; scroll-like ornaments; grape vinery; and floral and botanical details. R. & G. A. Wright, a partnership established about 1845 between Richard and George A. Wright, was a premier Philadelphia perfume manufacturer. The business was noted in the mid-19th century as the largest manufactory of its kind in the United States, England, and France. The Wright partnership relocated to 624 Chestnut Street about 1860. The business operated as R. & G. A. Wright until circa 1878. Published in Colton's Atlas of America (New York, 1856).